CitySoft's Ian Hill and Anthony Russo recently attended the Sage Summit in Chicago along with 12000 other participants where they heard about the roadmaps and updates.
The 2017 edition of Sage 300 will be released in August 2016.
The update includes:
- Modernised bridges to fill the gap between cloud and on premise systems (hybrid cloud)
- More HTML5 web screens including Inventory Control, Purchase Orders & Sales Orders - 18 new screens in all.
- The new web screens can be customised including changing labels, the renaming of fields and rearranging the layout of the HTML 5 screens. The 2017 edition has focused on reducing the screen lengths by 30%.
- Electronic notes for Accounts Payable, Accounts Receivable and Inventory Control
- Notes are available & editable in the web and desktop version of the 2017 edition
- More dashboards including a WMS dashboard and forecasting dashboard.
- Credit Card processing has been improved, including a quick pre authorisation, 1 click process.
- A quick 'charge' button has also been added as well as batch credit card payment processing and credit card schedules.
- Short cuts to Crystal Reports.
- A lite version of Sage Inventory Advisor (SIA) will ship with Sage 300 2017 edition, helping companies optimise their inventory.
Sage 300 updates will include more Accounts Payable streamlining and automation processes such as electronic invoicing, an online portal to see and pay accounts online, credit card payments online as well as the scanning of invoices and electronic approvals.
New CRM integration will embed 300c web screens in Sage CRM.
CRM 7.3 patch spy provides improved MS Outlook integration.
What's to come!
The next big push for Sage is to release web screens for financial reports and the SI web version.
December 2016 - oe shipment and oe invoice entry web screens
April 2017 - All financial screens will be web screens
September 2017 - New web enquiry screens